The Idlewild Foundation has a mission of motivating, educating and facilitating the generosity that comes from salvation. Each believer has received such an amazing gift from God, unearned and undeserved, that it is hard to imagine gratitude and generosity not coming as a natural flowing result.
God has made us rich with a hope and future that is a blessing. Many believers are financially blessed. In fact, believers in America are financially blessed with amazing wealth compared to even the wealthiest of the rest of this world. How could we hoard that wealth and keep it to ourselves?
2 Corinthians 9:11
11 You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
Certainly, God expects us to be generous. One of the great opportunities we have is to give to God and His church and give to promote both the needy and the Gospel at the same time.
How It Works For You:
• You can include a bequest or gift to The Idlewild Foundation in your will or trust.
• Make your bequest unrestricted or direct it to a specific purpose.
• Indicate a specific amount or a percentage of the balance remaining in your estate or trust.
• You can watch your gift reach others or know that it will be used for that purpose, not for administrative costs and overhead.
Benefits to You Include:
• Your assets can remain in your control during your lifetime.
• You can modify your gift to address new circumstances.
• You can direct your gift to a particular purpose (be sure to ask us so you can know that your gift can be used as intended).
• Under current tax law, there is no upper limit on the estate tax deduction for your charitable bequests.
Examples and Opportunities:
• A couple with education on their hearts established The Idlewild Foundation Scholarship Fund in 2012. Through their generosity over $900,000 has been given through more than 350 scholarships to Idlewild members who had a financial need and a heart to learn. That scholarship fund has now received additional donations and grants and it is the goal of the Idlewild Foundation for the scholarships to continue. Their legacy to a gift of education to those who need it most, and you can make it yours with additional donations. See one of our scholarship videos.
• Another couple with Idlewild on their hearts established an endowment fund, a permanent fund, and the income from that fund goes to support Idlewild Baptist Church. That endowment fund has now received additional donations and we hope to add to that and continue our support of Idlewild Baptist Church. You can make that your legacy with your donations.
• A generous widow with a heart for Idlewild at the Springs sought the help of The Idlewild Foundation to help her donate a home she and her late husband had built together in North Carolina. The Foundation facilitated that gift and the donation to Idlewild was completed in 2017. The sale will result in $100,000 in funds to help support and grow the Springs ministry, a ministry she serves in. She wanted to see her donation at work – and she will. Her story demonstrates the old saying, “Do your giving while you’re living, so you’ll be knowing where it’s going!” You can do the same or even more!
Important Related Topics:
• Here is sample language for your will or trust.
• Read our Guide to Planning Your Estate to understand some of the benefits of good estate planning.
• See What Legacy Will You Give? to learn about your legacy and how you can begin to shape your legacy right now!